Thursday, April 4, 2013

Oh How a Garden Grows

After a year break from almost anything productive, we have decided to grow a garden! My mother does this annually, but had a rough time growing a garden in Texas. It usually only lasted a few weeks before the heat had its way with it!

So, this year we are taking advantage of the awesome weather here in Montana! Our first garden of many in this beautiful state. 

Yesterday we decided we would start as many veggies and flowers as we possibly could. Mostly tomatoes, cucumbers, squash, and a few melons. The rest of the seeds need to be planted directly into the ground (root plants; carrots, onions, beets, to name a few!). We will plant those when we transplant the seeds we started inside. We are also growing peas inside around the kitchen window! I am extremely excited to try this out. My mom came up with this brilliant plan. (I will post pictures as they grow.) From what I understand, we will place a few "tacks" around the windows for the peas to hold on to. Again, I am so excited about this. I love bringing the outdoors inside! 



Here is our collection of seeds! We mostly use heirloom seeds. If you look closely, you can see our potatoes and burlap sack in the background. Another project we will keep you posted on. It's one of our favorite ways to grow potatoes. 


I just loved the look of the Forget Me Not seeds. They almost looked as though they were wet!


My son and I "sewing seeds". He had a blast putting the seeds in the dirt. 

We hope you stick around to watch our garden grow! 


~ Simplicity ~

No comments:

Post a Comment