Wednesday, February 29, 2012

The Square Table Cloth

My husband and I decided to buy one of those square pub like tables that are so hip right now. Of course, this was not knowing I would NEVER be able to find a table cloth that fits it! So, to rebel against this "no square table cloths" extravaganza, I'm taking matters into my own hands! I am altering a oblong table cloth I found at Williams Sonoma for $20.00! It's absolutely beautiful and has that pop of color I need in my kitchen! Here's what I did:


First: I folded up the longer edges to meet in the middle. 
This way I could keep everything even without using a ruler or measuring tape! 



Second:
I brought my fold back, trying to make sure it was all even. I then pinned down my fold. 



Here is a close up of the fold. It didn't match up perfectly, but I didn't mind! 




I then sewed along the folds. There will be two folds on each side, one one top and one underneath. I went ahead and sewed along both folds because I wanted to add some depth. But, you don't have to sew along both folds if you don't want to!

I now have a beautiful table cloth, that only coast me $20.00 (because it was on sale!) and it fits perfectly on my square table! 


No comments:

Post a Comment