Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Washer and Dryer Covers



I have wanted to make these for a while now! But, I have had a few mishaps with the washers a dryers I owned and they had to be replaced! So now that I have my new washer and dryer it was finally time to tackle this task! I got the idea from my mom. Who, like me, HATES messes! These covers really help eliminate scratches, spills and whatever else might try and take a whack at your washer and dryer! 

What you will need:

2 yards of fabric
2 towels 
Thread
and a sewing machine! 



Now I just measure my stuff by eyeing it and it usually works out. But you can measure your washer and dryer and figure out what size you will need to cut your towel! 

I cut mine into 3 pieces. The bigger one on top is the width and then the bottom piece is for length and the strip is to help with the "length piece". 




You will cut the strip to be the same length as the "bottom" piece and sew those together first! 




Then you will sew the "top" to the bottom, that has now been altered, so both pieces are the same size length wise! 



Here id an idea of what it will look like win it's all sewn together! 

Once the towel is the size you want it. Cut out the fabric. You shouldn't have to cut the fabric into a bunch of pieces. It should just be one piece. You will lay the fabric on top of the towel and pin it together . Make sure you sew it with the towels pretty side facing the pattern on the fabric (the picture above shows what side of the towel and fabric that should be facing each other.) You are sewing it inside out, and then you will turn it right side out when finished. 

When you are sewing the towel and the fabric together make sure to leave a opening to where you can turn

your cover right side out! 



Once its sewn and right side out you can add a border to your cover! Its really simple! Just sew along the inside about, a inch and a half. Sew all the way around! Thats it! 
Don't forget to hand sew the opening you left to pull your cover right side out!!! 


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Our washer and dryer are in the garage, so as soon as I get my sewing machine back from Mom I'm doing this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! SOOO adorable.Thanks for such a creative way to cover up washer/dryer messes

    ReplyDelete